Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Common Grackle Invasion

We've been getting some really big flocks of Common Grackles here recently (I'm talking more than a thousand birds at a time), and the flock that visited today might have been one of the biggest yet. I was away (silly work!) and missed it, but Paul was on top of things and he took this video of so many grackles streaming through the woods behind our house:

 

I'm glad the house didn't get swept away in that flood of birds!

(Thanks to Paul for making the video and letting me share it! For more stuff from him, check out his blog about weird things at yard sales, Yardsaling to Adventure! It's awesome and hilarious and I'm not just saying that because I'm married to the author.)

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing! Thanks so much for sharing, and warm greetings from Montreal, Canada.

    ReplyDelete