Monday, October 22, 2012

Two Awkward Bird Pictures

The Yellow-rumped Warblers have been coming to our Red Cedar tree recently to chow down on its juicy cones. I have a habit now of grabbing my camera whenever something cool comes near the window, and somehow I ended up with this picture -- I'll call it "food, mid-gulp":


Then, when I was visiting the beach today (there was so much stuff to see last week, I had to go again), I caught this Song Sparrow in the wind, its long side feathers spread out almost like a second pair of wings:


I considered calling this post "Unflattering Bird Pictures", but I actually think the Song Sparrow's pose is quite pretty, if a little unusual. (Does anyone else see the Marilyn Monroe comparison?)

Cameras are definitely interesting -- how else would we get to see such weird frozen moments?

4 comments:

  1. I totally see Marilyn Monroe there. (Sparrowlyn Monroe?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sparrowlyn Monroe! That's a good one! So are the photos. I don't know HOW you do it, get such great shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie! With these particular pictures, I'd have to say it's at least 99% luck. :P

      Delete