Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Maple blossoms

I guess I've never really taken the time to appreciate maple trees in the spring before. This year, however, with maples blooming right outside my windows, I can't help noticing them. And, well, they're kind of gorgeous.


Not fancy or showy by any means, but I'm in love with this deep red color, and the masses of them all together (even in a not-quite-focused photo)... yeah, it's pretty nice.


I wish I could get closer to the blossoms and examine them more fully... but that's the problem with trees -- they're just so darn tall. :P

UPDATE 4/23/11: More specifically, these are Red Maple trees, as I found out after I managed to see another example of the flowers up close and did some more research online.

1 comment:

  1. Spring Show

    Enticed by my meager seed offering,
    Mr. Cardinal walks the runway
    Of the maple tree,
    He makes a fashion statement.
    His bright suit of feathers
    Matches exactly that
    Special shade of red
    Of maple blossoms.

    April 23, 2013
    Suzanne Bury

    ReplyDelete